Monday, March 4, 2013

3 Ingredient Asian Chicken Masterpiece | Go To Recipe

I don't cook. Wow, that feels like some sort of Deja Vu. It is. Big Time. The truth of the matter is, I don't cook. I can get creative when I feel like it, and I've never followed a recipe incorrectly, (not like my sister who once used 2 cups of salt instead of sugar), but I just don't particularly love to cook.

When my family needs me to though, I'm on it.

My go to recipe is always chicken. It's super easy, few ingredients, throw it in the oven, and Ta-Da, a lovely meal with rice.

I am half filipino, so I grew up with eating rice with everything. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner came with a plate of rice. When I usually make dinner, I always have rice too.


This recipe though, is specifically Truly's favorite. We all love chinese food, but Truly loves Filipino food the best. My 3 Ingredient Asian Chicken Masterpiece is really just a simple version of Filipino Adobo, minus the frying, hours of cooking, more ingredients, etc.

6-8 Chicken Thighs (we get the thighs because they are cheaper, but still fills up the whole family. Get whatever pieces are your favorite)


  • 2 Cups of Soysauce (or low sodium soy sauce)
  • 4 -5 Garlic Cloves (crush them and mix it with the soy sauce)
  • Pepper (add to your flavor)


And there are your 3 ingredients!

You can do this a number of ways. Marinate the chicken for a couple of hours with this soy sauce and crushed garlic cloves concotion, or place the chicken in an oven safe pan, pour the ingredients over, and stuff it in the oven.

When it's in the oven, I also go over it some with Olive Oil to keep the texture crisp once or twice.

My verbage when it comes to cooking is horribly off.

I usually set it at about 375F for 40-45 minutes.

Serve with rice and your favorite stir fry of veggies!

This is a super easy recipe that I turn to when the kids are wanting me to act like a real mom!




1 comment:

  1. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say
    that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.

    After all I'll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!

    Also visit my web blog ... レイバン激安

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...