Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Google Chrome: A Mom Bloggers Dream

I've been spending more time on the computer lately. My Macbook Pro is still huge, but I've implemented a new way to love it. I have been using Safari for the longest time, but lately it hasn't been cutting it for me. The spell check has been weird for me, and most of the time it hasn't been playing a lot of the videos. Even worse, it has been slow. With 2 kids who are addicted to Netflix as much as I am, that's a huge no no.

Firefox is also "blah" for me. It just doesn't have the cool feel to it. I know, I'm super judgmental. You can bring that up with me some other day.

I've had Google Chrome on my desktop for some time and love using it because it seems to be faster than the other Internet browsers. Yesterday though, I decided to really check it out.

I am in love with the Web Store. Just like with the Apple, they have a little App Store. The cool thing about Google Chrome is that you can download Apps and Extensions that will work with your web browser. I like this because it doesn't take up space on my actually computer. It doesn't take up memory on my hard drive making my computer even slower. It's all on the web browser.

The extensions are what I love the most because they make blogging and social networking 100 times easier  I'm a Google Addict, so I use gmail, google calendar, docs, all of them, and they are all easily accessible in my browser.



In addition I can also update all of my Twitter feeds and check on Facebook in a second.

Shorten links, chat with friends, stay updated on tasks, all right in my web browser.

I also made my iGoogle page my home page, with the beautiful Teen Wolf as my background. Again, you can judge me later.


Needless to say, these Apps and Extensions not only save me from the headache of multiple items open on my desktop, but make me extremely more productive.

Gracias Google Chrome!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Google Chrome! I've used Safari and it's fine, but it's not the greatest, and Firefox is too slow for me too... I've been using Chrome since March, and I ADORE it! It's the best, fastest web browser by far in my opinion!

    P.S: Funny, I was thinking of writing a post on this same topic for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is! That is such a coincidence that you were going to write about Google Chrome too. Isn't Google lucky to have us blogging about them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about this! I thought all browsers were the same, but I will have to check it out

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...