Thursday, August 4, 2011

Mixed Martial Arts For Mommy

I love kickboxing. Everyone that has ever met me says that I look athletic. I never played sports in school. Mostly because we moved to Germany when I started Middle School, came back to US in High School, and was just too socially awkward to attempt to participate in sports. I've always been athletic though. I've always had the fastest mile, could do the most chin ups, yes, that was me.

Notice my past tense of was.

Now I spend my days typing away on a keyboard. My exercise consist of chasing a 15 month old up and down the stairs and throwing a 4 year old from couch to couch. Apparently, this is fun for them. Occasionally I do go to a fancy pants gym, but rarely can I convince myself that in the moment where I don't have to change a diaper that I should go exercise.

When I do go to the gym though, I love kickboxing classes. I remember doing Tae Bo with my mother to good ol' Billy Blanks when I was like 10 years old. I have great natural form, and if I'm out of the house and have to exercise, it might as well be kicking and punching stuff.

I'm always looking for ways to jumpstart my fitness routine and lately have been looking into Mixed Martial Arts. Yup, the same one your husband watches, UFC fighting. Being a woman, something that also interests me is power. Being a mother, something that interests me is defending my children if need be. So, fitness, power, and protection to me, is Mixed Martial Arts!

How bad ass would that be to tell someone, "Yeah, I'm going to my MMA class." I can see the looks now.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE kickboxing!!! I use to have a trainer that came to my house. We've just moved. Hoping to find one here too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...