Monday, August 22, 2011

School Year Goals

Truly is only 4 years old, so she doesn't go to school until next fall. What I will admit is that I do not feel as if she is where she should be at, educational wise. Yes, she knows her ABC's but writing the words and reading is too much of a hassle for her. This of course is all my fault. I very easily give into the syndrome of letting her do what she wants, which usually consists of TV, and just lounging around with her sister and I, until we go to the playground and play, come home eat, and just do that all day long. Here and there I squeeze in a little blogging, and on certain days, she goes to Karate or Ballet. We do not have as many books in the house as I'd like, and rarely to I encourage her to practice her ABC's, her phonics, or challenge her educationally.

Luckily for me, she learns very quickly. One day we went over writing, and she got it down in a second, but the problem was, she was easily bored. Even more luckily, I've realized this before she has to go to school next year. So with kids going to school tomorrow for us in Texas, it is now my turn as mom to get my little 4 year old up to par where she has been lacking this year.

I've bought Kindergarten workbooks, dry erase boards and markers, and lots and lots of stickers for rewards. Being a kid, seeing all of this stuff has made her super excited, but now it's actually getting her to sit down at her desk, and keeping learning fun, that is going to be the challenge.

For all you home schooling mama's and those moms who work extra with their kids who go to school outside of the home, how do you keep schoolwork fun for your children?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...