Thursday, July 28, 2011

Apple Doesn't Think Of Mom Bloggers

My Macbook Pro is just too darn big! We recently got back from vacation a week ago, and during that vacation, I was hosting an online conference, completing school work, and writing blog posts. I brought my Macbook Pro, my only laptop, with me to get some work done. While in the car traveling, there was a time where a session during the online conference called me to moderate it from the car. I pulled out my gigantic 17 in Macbook Pro and got to work. I was getting crumbs on it, bumping the arm rest left and right, and overall it was disastrous. Even when we got to hotels, it was way to stressful to pull it out and set it up to get any work done. Most of the time, I used my iPhone to do any blogging and updating. My mother has also has an iPad, but when I used it, I felt the same way with the Macbook Pro, it was still too big, and more time consuming to type anything.

Also, I've been doing a lot of traveling back and forth from my apartment to my moms house. Granted, the trip isn't anything more than 2 miles, but I have to lug the laptop with me to get some things done that aren't covered by the iPhone.

So currently I am at my mothers house using a Dell Inspiron Mini that they have. 10 inches. I am in love. Granted, I am an Apple fan all the way, but this small laptop makes it so ideal with two small kids. I'm able to just pick up this laptop, run up stairs, throw it in my purse, and get work done virtually anywhere.

I know Apple's solution is the iPad, but like I said before, it's still too big and too fragile. They also have the Macbook Air that is 11 inches, but most netbooks are 10 or 9 inches, which again makes the Macbook Air too big. With 2 little ones, something that fragile around while blogging, being it is so thin, also wouldn't work with my nerves, and my pocket book.

I will never part with my Macbook Pro, but I may need to rent this thing from my parents more often than not. Or of course, I could buy my own :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't have an Apple laptop, but would love one. I actually own the Dell Inspirion Netbook (10 inch) that you were talking about. I absolutely LOVE it! Like you said, I just throw it in my purse, take it everywhere with me. So easy to use and handy to have. I have a tablet as well, but my netbook is just right!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...