Friday, April 20, 2012

Moving Truck Birthday Cake

Today is my husbands birthday, the day right before our daughter's, and this year I decided that I was going to make everyone's birthday cake. This is kind of a big deal, because even though I make little dinky cakes here and there, I've never made like a real birthday cake. I've always gone out to the grocery store, bought some cake that I think tastes gross anyway, and ta da, $50 down the drain.

So for Hubby's birthday, I made him this cake...



My husband owns his own moving company, so I knew he would love it.

Let me also say that you should not be disappointed I don't have the play-by-play pictures, because BOY was it a mess! Over all though, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would. Sure there were plenty of bowls and for a couple of minutes I was drenched with blue food coloring, but I loved the end result!



Oh my silly little family

Tomorrow is Truly's big blow out 5th birthday party, so stay tuned for a blog post about that, the castle cake I'm attempting, and the website that was my secret weapon in making my daughter's dream party come true!!!

Dun dun dunnnnnnn


4 comments:

  1. Great job on that truck cake! I made a birthday cake this week too. It was my daughter's 19th bday. Nothing fancy but no bakery cake ever tops Duncan & Hines yellow cake and milk chocolate frosting. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks colleen! I was completely winging it but was so glad my husband loved it! Homemade cakes are the best IMO!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...