Thursday, April 7, 2011

Confession: I don't even have a desk

It's time to fess up. I don't own a desk.

Why? Because a desk just takes up way too much space. We wouldn't have room for all our toys, clothes that no longer fit us, and junk that keeps piling up. Where would we put all of that stuff??

In all honesty, I've gone through desk after desk after desk. The problem is, no matter how many different desks I have had, I never actually sat there and used a desk.

As you can see in the picture, anywhere my laptop is, my desk is. As a blogger and a writer, I've written some of my best stuff on the bed, in the back yard, at the playground, or at Barnes and Noble in between the romance novels and the cookbooks. I think I've seen you there too right?

I also don't have a need for paper or pens, or any other of those things that clutter a desk. I used Google Docs for pretty much everything, Tungle.me to schedule everything, and Evernote to keep a hold on all my notes and extras.

Where am I writing now? I'm sitting on the stairs.

If anything, this blog is my desk. This blog is the only place I consistently come back to and write.

Hence, the title, Stepfanie's Desk.

3 comments:

  1. Love that . . . my desk is usually a small fold-up card table that travels all over the house with me. Have desk, will travel! That's my motto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you can fit a desk into your space and still have room for toys.
    I have a desk and a newborn and three other children...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, you've just made me think of a new blog post....! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...