Thursday, August 30, 2012

When Your Daughter Goes Off To School...

On Monday, my sweet Truly went off to school as a Kindergartner. She has had a mix of feelings for the past month.

1) She's been super excited to make more friends. She has stayed home with me, and never been to a daycare, so the thought of hanging out with other kids all day sounded fun for her.

2) She didn't want to be gone all day and said she'd miss me and all the fun things we do everyday.

Me on the other hand, I had only one feeling.

1) DON'T GO!!!!!!!!

I didn't cry on the first day of school like I saw some other parents, but boy did I cry my eyes out the night before. 

This is her on the first day of School with her big brother. 

She was still a little bit nervous walking in, but was excited to see her classroom.

Needless to say, as soon as she walked in and saw the other kids.... she was gone!
I had to fight her to get her to kiss me and her dad goodbye!

She has had an amazing first couple of days and has even told me that she helps a ton in the classroom and her teacher always says she is very proud of her.

That makes me feel wonderful as a parent!

I'm so glad to let her grow up and see her grow from baby to his young little girl....

Sometimes I think I should just let her be and not worry too much..
Or...
I can sign up as head Classroom Mom and make sure I'm in her business every second.
Done and Done

She can't get away THAT easily.
:)


Stepfanie = Classroom Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...